Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Brief Monologue from My Mother

Setting: On the phone
Time: Yesterday


Madre Downbeats: Are you working today?
Me: Yes.
Madre Downbeats: Well, did you know it's Columbus Day?
Me: I did.
Madre Downbeats: The banks are closed.
Me: Yup, they sure are.
Madre Downbeats: I stopped by the bank, and I thought that my branch had closed down. It wasn't until I got to another branch that I realized that everything was closed yesterday.

God bless her... take her out of civil service for even a few years and she forgets all of those random Federal-ish holidays.

For me, Columbus Day was just a slap in the face. I didn't get any mail, couldn't go to the bank, but still had to go to work and cover three different jobs for yet another Jewish holiday.

2 comments:

M360 said...

Columbus was an idiot! This post explains it all:

http://survivingmyself.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/very-easy/

Anonymous said...

hahah that's funny about your mom!