Monday, October 20, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Bloggy Box

So, Kristin over at Give Me A Minute, I'll Think of Something had this brilliant idea a few weeks back. She proposed that some bloggers get to know each other a little better and brighten each others' days by engaging in an exchange of stuff. Stuff being books, treats, pictures, trinkets... whatever.

She wrote this post proposing this awesome idea on a day when I was completely stalking my Google reader, and the second the post went up, I read it and got super excited and e-mailed her right away that I wanted in. Since I was the first person to e-mail her, I got the lucky advantage of being the first lady on the list to get the box. In the last few weeks, we've all e-mailed each other about ourselves... and they all probably think I'm crazy now. They all seem pretty cool, though, and I look forward to seeing what everyone gets. I'm almost done packing the box up again and sending it back to New York, but in the meantime, I figured I'd share with y'all what Kristin was nice enough to send my way down to Baltimore.

Here's the bloggy box sitting on my dining room table.



And the bloggy box when I first opened it. Phew... not a bomb... just lots of goodies!



So Kristin totally hooked me up. In the box, she packed for me:
--A bag of Smartfood popcorn
--Chocolate-drizzled caramel covered popcorn
--Minty hot chocolate
--Halloween shot glasses "for the Maestro and I"
--Gum and some 100 Grand bars
--A bottle of wine (because clearly from reading my blog, she knows my life priorities)
--Two books: I'm starting with reading Queen of Babble in the Big City because I need some levity in my life right about now but I'm getting to the Anna Quindlen title shortly.
--A pumpkin-scented candle
--A notepad of stickies

Here's all of the loot laid out



I've already indulged in the chocolate and caramel popcorn, we enjoyed the wine with some dinner guests last night (who loved it, by the way), and I am knee-deep in the silly Queen of Babble saga. I can't wait to get into everything else, and I'm thoroughly enjoying tooling around Baltimore getting the most fun stuff to ship back up to New York. Thanks again, Kristin, for a fantastic idea that added sunshine to my weekend. Check back here for some more posts about the loot Kristin sent my way and the box's journey across the rest of the country.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aww! I am jealous! Let me know if you find out about any more of those--I've always wanted to try that out!

kristin said...

Yay! the journey is on for REAL!

This is fun, can't wait to see what you send off to Carrie (PA, not NY, right?) and to read the journal at the end!

Have fun everybody!

Downbeat said...

@elizabeth I'll definitely let you know if I see any more fun stuff like this. :o)

@kwr221 You know, Kristin, it might just be PA. I'd had some wine last night (surprise of life)

PearlsOfSomething said...

Yay! It's me, it's me! And it is PA. I am looking forward to a little pick me up. I'm getting a bit too close to being in need of a *scrape* me up.

Glad you're enjoying your goodies from Kristin!

Heather said...

Now, I couldn't make out the wine bottle's label in the picture, but I hope Kristin was representing for our region by sending a Finger Lakes winery wine......... :)

So excited to see the box at its first destination! Yay!!

Cheers!

Lorrie Veasey said...

Hmmm. She's setting the bar really high on that bloggy box. I was originally planning to throw in some jelly beans and a wire hanger and call it a day. Perhaps I should rethink.

Mrs. Mary Mack said...

Wow this sounds fun!!!! I hope someone does this again, I'd love to have in!