Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Christmas Chez Downbeats!

Like I said yesterday, Mama Downbeats cracked open a bottle of Black Wing Cabernet Sauvignon and took to painting my modest little abode while she was here over an extended Thanksgiving holiday. The colors on my walls have already started to warm the place up. I took some pictures with Tydasia iPhone, so the quality isn't perfect, but they're enough that you can get the idea.

Here's my lovely living room. We went with a sage green as an accent wall. I'll probably paint the rest of the living room khaki. We also taken down those awful vertical blinds and put up microfiber drapes.


We went for a terra cotta on the walls in the dining room. They don't go with the hideous green carpet the previous owner put in there, but hopefully that will be gone in a few months, too.


She also painted the foyer the same shade of green that's in the family room. I can't wait to put some stuff on the walls to make the entryway more inviting.


On Saturday, I decided to break open the Christmas decorations. I haven't decorated for Christmas for three years, and even though I wasn't planning on having any gatherings Chez Downbeats at the time, I still felt like making the condo reflect the Christmas spirit.

While I live alone, I still put three stockings up. The other ones can be for Mama and Grandmama Downbeats. I got the reindeer stocking holders from Target three years ago. I couldn't find my stockings, so I bought some new ones from Target this past week. I finished the mantle with some silver garland.


On the hearth, I framed the hurricane and large pillar with the Christmas wreath the lived on my front door last year.


A co-worker of mine gave me her old Christmas tree. It's only 4.5 feet, but it was big enough to do the trick. I topped it with my red tin star and my red, blue and silver glass ornaments. It reminds me of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree... only not as sad.

2 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Aw! We both have Charlie Brown trees this year. At least you got a star on top!

kristin said...

I like the cute little tree!