Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Multi-Tasking by Day

I've recently moved to the other side of my office at the day job, and with the new office, came a second monitor. It's very helpful for certain functions specific to my duties, but it also serves the double purpose as a TV on my desk. I basically work 13 hour days between going into the office at 9 am, being at the theatre by 6, and then not leaving until 10 or 11 pm. As a result, I rarely get to watch TV, unless it's on marathon on a Sunday afternoon when I happen to be not otherwise engaged.

During the day to pass time while I'm doing mindless work, I've taken to watching website TV. With very few exceptions, I've come to the conclusion that they put the serial plot shows and bad television that's not taking off on the network up on their internet homes in their entirety. The stuff that I could get lost in (i.e. Law & Order, Without a Trace, Criminal Minds) is only represented on the network sites by recaps and quick clips. In the past week or two, however, I've watched the entire seasons of Chuck, Numb3rs, The Unit, CSI and CSI Miami, and Lipstick Jungle.

Other than that laundry list of couch potato material, I've also been using the network sites to track two new shows: Swingtown on CBS (middle-aged suburban married swingers in the 70s) and In Plain Sight (a ballsy man-eating US Marshall named Mary that ushers people into the Witness Protection Program). Neither of them (in my highly humble and limited opinion) started extremely well, but I feel like both of them are developing in a way that keeps me checking back to their sites every week to see the next episode. Or maybe it's because I just hate working with Medicare so much that I could spend all day gouging out my eyeballs... bad internet TV is nothing.

No comments: