Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's Beer Time!

I'm really not an alcoholic, I promise.


I went to a swanky black tie a few months back as the Maestro's arm candy. It was a benefit for the organization for which he works and they had a live auction as part of the fundraising festivities. Since I didn't pay for my ticket, I figured I should contribute in some way, so I got into a bidding war at the live auction over two cases of custom made craft beer... any type of your choosing.

And I won!

Well, sorta. The other guy and I kept bidding each other up, so the sponsor of this auction item agreed to make each of us two cases of beer of our choosing. It was a win-win situation. The non-profit organization got twice as much money out of the auction item, and my fellow bid warrior and I both got beer.

I asked the beer-maker to craft me a raspberry stout. I've only had anything like it once, and it was at Dog Pub (formerly Thirsty Dog). They brew all of their own beers and have a couple of black-and-tan-like concoctions with their flavored beer. I had a black and tan made with their house stout and raspberry-flavored beer. I thought it was delightful. The Maestro thought it was gross. But I paid my hard-earned money to the people who sign his checks for two cases of beer of my choosing, so I told Mr. Beer Man that I want a raspberry stout, and in a few weeks, two cases of said raspberry stout will be all mine.

There's a bit of a problem, though. He wants me to name it and give him a picture for the labels, and I'm stuck. Can anyone think of a fantastic name for a Baltimore-brewed raspberry stout? If you come up with something witty... or cute... or better than I would eventually come up with myself, I'll be forever indebted to you. That, and I'll give you full credit for it. I'm thinking (hoping, praying) that once I have a name, the perfect image will come to mind.

I don't have long before I have to get back to him, so dust off the ol' thinking caps and get to naming!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's how I start ever evening. "I'm really not an alcoholic, I promise!"

Lorrie Veasey said...

Blow A Raspberry

Because you know they tickle your tummy.......

Lorrie Veasey said...

Blow A Raspberry

Because you know they tickle your tummy.......

Daszzle said...

How about... Bmore Razzy

Gotta keep your Bmore in there ;)

bee moxley said...

Stone Ridge Stout.

I win.

Elizabeth said...

Jazz-It Beer.

Because it makes your voice raspy like a Jazz crooner.

Raspy-->RASPberry, get it? I know.

I am so lame, but that's what happens in the middle of the night!

Jamie Lovely said...

That sounds so yummy. I hate beer but the thought of fruity beer makes me happy.

E.Rae said...

Sorry, I've thought about this for ages but now my brain just hurts.
I know that's no help by the way.

Enjoy your beer though :)