Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting Away

I feel like I've spent so much of my waking "spare" time this summer away from Baltimore. I've been to Boston, Connecticut, and Ocean City. I've gotten away for a few days to Southern Maryland and the Eastern Shore. I have yet, however, to go on a proper summer holiday, and it's already halfway through August. I used the majority of my time off from work to go to Italy with the madre, girlfriend Feen, and her mamala in March, and since the entire world is getting married this summer, money isn't exactly spectacular at the moment. Still, I think that holiday replenishes the soul... like a secular sabbath.

So The Maestro and I decided that we would remind ourselves of what one another look like get away for a few days before the new semester starts and he holes up in the world of academia. We leave tonight for a road trip through points north of the Mason-Dixon line. I have a few posts scheduled so that you all don't forget that I exist, but I'll be updating more prevalently on Twitter, so if you're not already, you should consider following me @bmoredownbeats. And I'll undoubtedly re-cap the whole sordid affair when I return to Baltimore. Have a great week!

2 comments:

E.Rae said...

Have a fantastic week on your road trip. Look forward to hearing about it.

Strangely my friend is also a piano player. Looks like piano players are treated much better out there and you and I live in the wrong countries!

Lorrie Veasey said...

Don't Forget To Bring Back Something For Me!