Sunday, September 28, 2008

I do still exist... really!

I know I've been MIA. I kind of apologized after all, remember? Well it wasn't really a proper apology, but I have still felt bad nonetheless and missed all of my bloggy friends.

I'll be brief because I'm in the midst of tech week, but here are a few updates:
1. We still don't know who gave us the flowers at the office, but we've narrowed it down to the two newest members of our office staff. One's an older man and one's a middle-aged woman. My bet is on the woman, but everyone in the office has a different opinion.

2. The Maestro informed me that apparently the beer that I won at auction is completed! I named it from a suggestion that was left in the comments, and I should be having a beer tasting party Chez Downbeats within the next couple of weeks. After it's unveiled at the party, I'll let you all know how it went here.

3. I'm taking part in an exchange of stuff that is aptly named the Traveling Bloggy Box of Goodness that this cool chica named Kristin thought up. When I get my box, I can promise you a super exciting post about all of that specialness.

4. I haven't updated you on my home improvement exploits as of late, but I can tell you proudly and with certainty that my house is still clean and pretty. I've entertained friends from work at girlfriends for wine and crackers more than once in the past few months. That in itself is a small victory. I got a new sliding glass door for the door going out to the balcony. It's very pretty, but I must insist that none of you ever use Home Depot to get anything installed in your house ever. Love the door, hated the service. I killed 2.5 of the 4 plants that I got in July. One of the azaleas I think just hated its placement in the sun. The large elephant-eared greens I bought are probably just dying off with the colder weather. Still, my balcony was less than pretty, so when Mama Downbeats was in town the week before last, she bought some gorgeous mums to put in my Chinese goldfish pots. I'll take some pictures and show you later.

5. Finally, I'm in tech... as I've probably mentioned ad nauseum. As a result, I am completely incapable of concentrating on anything other than breathing and putting a quality show up on stage. While this process has been relatively drama free, it's still been pretty high pressure and stressful. It's gonna be a great show, though... probably one of my proudest since I started music directing a few years back.

But there's what I've been up to. Tell me, what's been going on in your lives? Anything new and exciting?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo yay about the beer! I can't wait to hear about it :-)

kristin said...

Cool CHica?

Wow, thanks. :-)

ANd I PROMISE to send out the box!!!!!